Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 April 2021

POSTSCRIPT TO LIFE STORY


           I conclude my life story on 6th April 2021, largely physically incapacitated by my chest problems, but more mentally alert than ever. I finally returned to the University of Warwick in August 2017, after 38 years to attend a Quakers Annual Meeting. But late in 2017, I suffered two serious falls which damaged my left leg. I nevertheless celebrated my 70 th birthday in Vittoria Restaurant on 24th March 2018, with 37 guests including John and Serene Hsu from Santa Barbara, and Diego and Diane Perez from Manchester.

         In July 2019, I returned from UCL after almost 50 years to give evidence with my flatmate Scott Forster, as expert witnesses to the Commission of Inquiry into the History of Eugenics at UCL. It was good to meet Professor Tom Fearn once again, and our verbal and written submissions were well received. I was delighted to learn during January 2021 about the sweeping decisions made by UCL based on the Commission's recommendations, 

        I'm still living in my flat in Broughton, Central Edinburgh after over 22 years, and trying to survive the pandemic. I stopped attending the Quakers during November 2019, some of them sided with TERFs. rather than trans people, and I now attend my all-accepting parish church, Broughton St. Mary's, e.g. by Zoom


                                                          


                                                             


No comments:

Post a Comment