Search This Blog

Monday 17 August 2015

NEW FIRST COUSIN TWICE REMOVED


Serena Penelope, born Houston Texas, 6th August 2015

Congratulations to her parents, my first cousin once removed Jonathan, and his wife Imam. Congratulations also to her grandmother, my cousin Penny,

Serena is, I believe, the 37th descendent, including step and foster children, of my grandfather Chief Engine Room Artificer Emmanuel Leonard and my similarly beautiful grandmother Ethel Mary.





My grandmother Ethel Mary Leonard
Descended from the Hoskyns-Abrahalls, via her paternal grandmother Jane Hoskyns Bryant of Peter Tavy, and hence from the first and second Barons Hoskyns, and from the Abrahalls from France whose heraldic motif was a hedgehog----



My grandfather CERA Emmanuel Leonard,
with his sister, my great aunt Olive Hunt.
Their grandfather Thomas Leonard was a first mate in the Merchant Navy and captained a sailing barque to Sierra Leone.



 My great grandmother Mary Prothesa Roberts
Serena's great great great grandmother
Milliner from Plympton St. Mary
Her mother Grandma Mary Roberts was a midwife there
She was of Huguenot (Jillard) descent


ANOTHER PICTURE FROM TEXAS






Dedicated to my grandfather CERA Emmanuel Leonard by my Canadian second cousin Greg Benton

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Tom. Sadly, it won't be that long until we're 'removed' altogether!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that Greg. Is there any technical way in which this naval hymn can be preserved and put on my blog?

      Delete