Search This Blog

Thursday 21 May 2015

MESSAGES TO NICOLA STURGEON REGARDING THE WIDESPREAD PSYCHIATRIC MALTREATMENTS IN SCOTLAND (MAY 2015)

My e-mail to First Minister Nicola Sturgeon of 10th May 2015
Dear Nicola Sturgeon,
Around 20% of the Scottish population are currently experiencing potentially debilitating physical side effects from their psychiatric medications and many more are suffering from brain damage caused by ECT or by modern variants of lobotomy, Moreover most psychiatric and neurological diagnoses are at best subjective, and at worst plain wrong,
I have tried numerous times during my public health campaign of the last two or more years to bring these issues to the attention of the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government. See for example my document MHB108 and the parliamentary submissions which are also reported on my psychiatric home pagewww.thomashoskynsleonard.co.uk/psychiatric_home.htm.
However, my representations have so far been almost completely ignored,
I therefore implore you to appoint a special working party, not swamped by clinical psychiatrists or people over keen to protect their meal tickets and which is independent of the reportedly corrupt Mental Health Commission, to investigate these issues further and to consider switching more of our resources to fund the development of a 'holistic model' for psychiatric treatment,
My friend,the leading Anglo-Scottish psychotherapist Graham Vahey, who worked with R.D. Laing, would be well qualified to advise you further about some of these issues. My colleague, the highly accomplished Scottish poet James Carter, who has been severely mistreated on several occasions for his schizophrenia, is also very knowledgeable about the broader situation in Scotland.
Maybe members of the working party could also browse down the action-packed time line of my internationally influential Facebook page Mental Health Discussions Edinburgh,
I appreciate that the Pharmaceutical conglomerates exert a tremendous amount of political control, However, many thousands of Scots are needlessly suffering and many are dying. I therefore request that you consider brainstorming my suggestions yourself, with the help of close colleagues, rather than referring my representations, one more time to the usual gang of overprotective health officials in the Scottish Government.
I very much value your opposition to Austerity and hope that you will be seeking help for Workfare volunteers, in particular the tens of thousands who are inappropriately sanctioned. However, our population is also being brutally controlled at the behest of Big Pharma. PLEASE do something about this!!!
Thank you very much for your consideration
Yours sincerely,
Thomas Hoskyns Leonard
Writer, Poet and Bayesian Statistician
Like · Comment · 

            
  • Thomas Leonard
    Write a comment...

1 comment:

  1. This is a good news to all Schizophrenic patient. My son is a victim, I have used Western medicine but I noticed it was digging more problems as a result of the very many side effect. herbs are very powerful indeed, I just started herbal remedies and my son's health has improved greatly. If you are victim contact Justin with this for question, queries and possible solution, note that, he deals mainly on herbs, e-mail: rodwenhill080@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete