Search This Blog

Sunday 14 August 2016

ON THE PICKET LINE AT BYRON BURGERS ON LOTHIAN ROAD



left 

Yesterday afternoon, I was on the picket line two hours ar Byron Burgers on Lothian Road with about forty very nice and civilised people, We were protesting their English counterparts' absolutely foul treatment of their migrant workers, which is well documented in the national press, The picket was a great success, and most of the customers lef.t the appalling place.

As I arrived early, I broke convention and went it and ordered a gourmet double bacon and cheese burger for £12.50. The waiter asked me if I wanted to pay extra for chips, A manageress brought me the burger with some aplomb, It was by no means gourmet, and there was nothing else on the plate apart from a small piece of dill, During the subsequent in depth discussions, the manageress advised me that all their employees, including their migrant workers were very well treated and paid substantially above the minimum wage!
My offer to handsomely tip the waiters for joining the picket in sympathy was, alas declined, as was the offer of a later generous (unconditional) gift by the picketers, They however gave me a hard time before giving me my change out of twenty,

Later on, during the picket, a wizened looking manageress came out of the restaurant, and howled "the guy who ordered the burger should fess up!"


ADVERTISED AS
American-inspired chain diner serving posh hamburgers with a choice of toppings, sides & salads













No comments:

Post a Comment