Search This Blog

Monday 5 October 2015

THE THREE WITCHES, PLAYED BY IDS, OSBORNE, AND CAMERON








  • First Witch: When shall we three meet again
    In thunder, lightning, or in rain?
    Second Witch: When the hurly-burly's done,
    When the battle's lost and won.
    Third Witch: That will be ere the set of sun.
    First Witch: Where's the place?
    Second Witch: Upon the heath
    Third Witch:There to meet with Macbeth.





If you can look into the seeds of time, And say which grain will grow, and which will not,
Speak.




Fair is foul, and foul is fairHover through the fog and filthy air.



Or have we eaten on the insane root That takes the reason prisoner?



The raven himself is hoarse
That croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan
Under my battlements. Come, you spirits
That tend on mortal thoughts! unsex me here,
And fill me from the crown to the toe, top-full
Of direst cruelty;
 make thick my blood,
Stop up the access and passage to remorse,
That no compunctious visitings of nature
Shake my fell purpose, nor keep peace between
The effect and it! Come to my woman's breasts,
And take my milk for gall, you murdering ministers,
Wherever in your sightless substances
You wait on nature's mischief!




Look like the innocent flower, But be the serpent under it.



I have given suck, and know
How tender 'tis to love the babe that milks me:
I would, while it was smiling in my face,
Have pluck'd my nipple from his boneless gums,
And dash'd the brains out, had I so sworn
As you have done to this.



On the right, Lord Adonis as the traitorous MacBeth


Is this a dagger I see before me, its handle towards my hand?









No comments:

Post a Comment