Search This Blog

Sunday 14 June 2015

THE BLUSHING PINK ROSE (poem)


                                                 THE BLUSHING PINK ROSE

                                                   by Thomas Hoskyns Leonard


                                                                                                 
                                                                 



              Ne'er as God's one were we entwined

              Though I was a touch favourably inclined;

              But many times round and about the mulberry we drove

              Our mindful  meanderings to probe and rove,

              And many times we dined, smelt and wined

              While discussing matters sublime and most refined;

              You blushed as a pink rose till the pain began to creep,

              Where 'pon your energy began to fade,

               And your soul my mind engage.

               And now resurgent from your agony

               My mind is filled with fresh ecstasy

               And life is better than the richest fantasy;

               Our souls entwined as one together

               Encourage me to sooth your petals in the heather,

               And this is for anon and forever ---



                                           


A RED, RED ROSE  (Robert Burns)


O my Luve's like a red, red rose, 
That's newly sprung in June: 
O my Luve's like the melodie, 
That's sweetly play'd in tune. 

As fair art thou, my bonie lass, 
So deep in luve am I; 
And I will luve thee still, my dear, 
Till a' the seas gang dry. 

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear, 
And the rocks melt wi' the sun; 
And I will luve thee still, my dear, 
While the sands o' life shall run. 

And fare-thee-weel, my only Luve! 
And fare-thee-weel, a while! 
And I will come again, my Luve, 
Tho' 'twere ten thousand mile!


                               

                               

No comments:

Post a Comment