Search This Blog

Thursday 16 July 2015

THE SPACE-TIME ZONE CAPSULE (Poem)



                                                      THE SPACE-TIME ZONE CAPSULE


                                                            by Thomas Hoskyns Leonard



                                                                     





               I sit curled like a wombat in my tiny flat,

               Hurtling through time and space

               As I endeavour to save the human race;

               Celebrating my safe sanctuary, blossoming like a bud,

                As my family contracts, and expands from that of the blood.


               'The True Olympians, A Call to Arms!'

               A poem, I write;

               That will certainly start a fight!

               Then onto my laptop to administer

                My group Facebook discussion page;

               Those posts should put everybody into a rage!

               Then another slumber until onto Chess. com I go,

               Where I draw with a Spaniard, and beat my Russian foe.


               'Anything for the shopping list?' asks Scott,

               'The stuff in the fridge is beginning to rot.'

               'Ham, pork, Sultana Bran, and chicken too,' I reply.

               'Remember my diabetes, and try to see eye to eye.'

               'Enough of your tommyrot,' scorns Scott.

               'Stay here with your wobbly legs

               And I'll even bring you bacon, beans, and eggs.'

               'What now?' wonder I, as my flatmate says 'bye bye'.

               I turn on the cricket. England are getting battered,

               Now I feel absolutely shattered!


                                                       



                           

No comments:

Post a Comment