Search This Blog

Friday 22 December 2017

KISSES FROM KEATING AND EILEEN D. by Thomas Hoskyns Leonard


                                                                                     

                                                KISSES FROM KEATING AND EILEEN D

                                     The cab driver took us and my Zimmer frame

                                     Round Arthur's Seat for extra Christmas fare,

                                     As my leg had been referred to Orthopedics

                                     By the Western for further delicate NHS care,

                                    But Mr Keating thought it was all my fault.

                                    "I don't know a thing about lymphodema!" he fumed. "And we only treat 
                                    
                                     fractures here. Away to a clinic for the elderly, and begone!".

                                     So James and I took a shorter ride back to Vittoria 
  
                                    And devoured two delicious twenty five quid steaks

                                    And in marched my highly worthy neighbour Eileen D, four green flags,

                                    Future OBE,, with her grass roots husband

                                    And utterly delightful granddaughter in tow.

                                    "Thank you for the lovely chocolates, Tom," she declared, 

                                    Giving me an ageless kiss,

                                    "I asked Beverley to mail all my presents this year," I replied, 

                                    "I didn't want  you to go amiss,"

                                    But to cap it all, RBS played one of their devious tricks,

                                    and my debit card  was temporarily blocked.

                                    So back to my flat with an empty wallet 

                                    and in a dreadful crap-ridden bathroom rush

                                     I hobbled and fled,

                                    All shame on you, Fortuna! The idiocyncrasies of life turn me on my head.


                                                                                         
                                   "
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment